central heating switching off on vaillant???

Ah.....

If you are telling us that when the Salus target temp is low the rads come ON; and when the Salus target temp is high they go OFF

Then the Salus changeover switch connections have been wired incorrectly and there is nothing wrong with the boiler. I will just see if I can look up the wiring dia on the net - we don't use Salus.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, the rather grim Salus web site is missing one specification sheet - yours!

Generally, in the RF receiver you will have a permanent Live and neutral - ignore these.

Then there will usually be a row of three terminals, often labelled A,B and C. The ecoTEC pin 3 will normally be connected to the terminal A, which is a live feed all the time the boiler is electrically on.

I suspect that the wire going back to pin 4 on the ecoTEC is in C when it should be in B, or vice versa.

Unfortunately, with no instructions for the Salus I don't know how they label their terminals. Perhaps someone else here fits them on regular basis and can say.

Looking at the thing on the Salus site, I'd put in a Honeywell CMT927 every time!

simond. agree with your comments about the honeywell which i also use.

Salus aint that bad if fitted properly. It is really easy to operate which lots of customers like. I always give them a choice.

I think - Jess - that its just crossed wires. Prob S/L from term 3 from the vaillant is going to S/L (off) on the receiver and S/L from term 4 from the boiler is going to S/L (on).

Call back the installer as its a 10min job. Dont mess with electrics unless you know what you are doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back