Central Heating system problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a central heating system installed with a new Vokera 16e boiler. On start up for heating and hot water, the pressure builds up (as you would expect) and reaches the max setting (3 bar) and the safety valve opens to release the excess water. All as you would expect. My problem is, when I switch off the heating and hot water, the pressure reduces but not very quickly and not back to 1-1.5 bar (which is the normal operating pressure so I've been told). I have had an engineer look at the problem and he indicated that I may need a further external expansion vessel as my system does not handle the required heating and cooling requirements (number of and sizes of radiators, pipework etc.)
My question is, is this advice correct or is it more likely that the boiler needs replacing (as its practically new - less than one year old) hopefully not as guaranteed for two years? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
With a small boiler like yours (16Kw) I would doubt that the EV is too small.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back