Central Heating System will not refill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help !

I've removed 2 radiators (by individually draining them) to do some decorating. 1 on the ground floor, 1 on the first floor. My central heating was working fine after this.

I've now refitted the radiators. The one on the ground floor has filled taking the water from the radiators on the 1st floor.

The heating now wont work - the pump comes on but the boiler doesn't light.

Now when i open the blead valvue on any of the radiators nothing happens - no air or warter comes out making me think the heating system is not refilling with water.

There are no obvious valves to refill the system, I've checked the tanks in the loft and they are both full with nothing blocking where the pipes connect.

help ? any ideas to get my system back full of water and heating working ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
:LOL: how will a reset get water into the system :?:

Sounds like the either the 15mm feed is block where it tee,s into the 22mm or an airlock. ;)

I actually don't know how to reset it, i have checked the manual and it doesn't mention how to do this. I have tried turning off the electrucity- shoulf this cause it to reset?

no one said about getting the water into the system.

thats another problem, the boiler should still fire up. thats probably why it's cut out due to no water and overheat stat tripped

thats another problem, the boiler should still fire up. thats probably why it's cut out due to no water and overheat stat tripped

I agree.

urm!

I've now refitted the radiators. The one on the ground floor has filled taking the water from the radiators on the 1st floor.

The heating now wont work - the pump comes on but the boiler doesn't light.

Now when i open the blead valvue on any of the radiators nothing happens - no air or warter comes out making me think the heating system is not refilling with water.

There are no obvious valves to refill the system, I've checked the tanks in the loft and they are both full with nothing blocking where the pipes connect.

oh and then

help ? any ideas to get my system back full of water and heating working ?

Once he has filled the system then the boiler can be sorted ;)

button found its a netaheat profile, now all i've got to do is unblock the cold feed, thanks for all the help guys

If you dont want to cut the pipe and unblock it why not put a hose on your drain off and fill :D

Have someone in loft to make sure you dont over fill ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back