central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, is there anyone out there that can help me??
my central heating system has packed up, it is a conventional system that is atleast 10yrs old that i know of.
I have hot water no problem, but all the radiators went off downstairs one day but were hot upstairs?. I messed about with it for a while and realised if i turned all the radiators off upstairs i got heating downstairs. this is how it has been for a couple of weeks but i really need to do something about it now!
All the radiators are bled ok and the pump sounds and feels like it is kicking in but i still cant help thinking its the pump thats causing it. The pump is a MYSON compact cp53.
has anyone got any advice on what else it could be before i order a pump?? many thanks[/quote][/b]

Sponsored Links
well water is lazy and will always take the easiest route available.
If you have a by pass valve that is open too much, it will take that route.
Balancing of the radiators is important.
However the problem could be a restriction around the pump inlet and outlet. Saw one recently where the orifaces were down to 4mm diam.
and that was on a myson compact. Shouldn't take long to remove pump for examination and cleaning.Make sure you have some replacement pump washers.
You may have some problem closing the isolating valves if they are 'gate' valves, you may have to close-open-close-open-close etc. You could buy 2 new valves from B & Q (cause they don't clean easy) and if you don't use them ' return for refund.
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back