Central heating thermostat replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking to replace my Sangamo thermostat with something a bit more user friendly.
My current set up is a danfoss Fp715si for timers so ideally just need a digital thermostat to replace the rstat3, this is hard wired.

I've looked at the hive / tado stuff but it seems to replace both. Any suggestions for a plug and play type replacement?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Quite a few options, and Hive can just be a thermostat, however it needs the receiver wiring in. For easiness for yourself perhaps would be a Nest E, or any other battery powered thermostat, or even standard thermostat

As you seem to have figured, most room thermostats are now defined as 'programmable' which means that they have both time and temperature control in the one unit and would effectively render the central heating side of the FP715 programmer redundant. If you get a programmable thermostat, the FP715 heating channel should be set to be permanently 'on' and the programmable thermostat used for all of the heating control functionality, time and temperature.

If you go for a just a basic thermostat for temperature control only, and retain the use of the FP715 for control of the heating on/off times, then the new thermostat will probably need to be a battery operated model otherwise the when the heating is switched off by the FP715, the mains power supply to the thermostat will also go off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back