Central heating vibration noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with noises in the central heating pipes. We have a Worcester Bosch 30CDi Conventional boiler, radiators are mostly new, but replaced at different times. All but 2 radiators have thermostats fitted.

The problem happens when the heating has been on for a while and, I think probably when all the controlled radiators are up to temperature. Then a kind of howling noise sets up and I can feel all the pipes close to the boiler vibrating. Usually if I turn up one of the thermostats the noise goes away for a while, but then comes back. I've checked that the two open radiators are actually open and I've bled the upstairs radiators several times. Bleeding did seem to help in the past, but has less effect now.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
try opening the lockshield valve a bit more on one of the rads that as not got a thermostatic on it preferably the bathroom if that one of the two

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back