Central Heating Wiring problems

You're asking the wrong question!

I'm not an electrician, or a plumber, but I do know the law!

Don't try to fix it yourself - electrics can be dodgy, but more importantly, the insurance company should be fixing it!

They appointed the engineers who came. The engineers caused the problem (I'm assuming these electrical control problems did not exist before they came??), so the insurance company should arrange to have it put right.

The fact that the cover does not include electrics is irrelevant. If the 1st engineer messed with the electrics when wiring in the new valve, or in any other way, then liability is with the insurance company.

However, as soon as you fiddle with it yourself, however well-intentioned or well-advised, this liability ends!

Get onto the insurance company and INSIST they put right the problems they caused!

I totally agree too, mike raises a very good and valid point

Matt

Sponsored Links
Merry Christmas to all.

In the end the Insurance company agreed to pay for the wiring to be sorted out.

All has been rectifed now. :)

Thanks to everyone for their advice and guidence.

Phil.

hi did you get this sorted out if so where did the wires go from the 3 way valve i have the same problem and same honeywell and twinzone box.

just need to no where the white and orange wires go??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Roundstone, try starting a new thread, and explain your problem for proper and accurate advice. You ask about 3 port and say you've got twin zone, rather confusing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back