1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Central heating wiring.

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by dingodeano, 10 Mar 2018.

1. dingodeano

dingodeano

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello men. I haven’t posted on here for a while but I wondered if any of the experts of central heating wiring could give me a heads up.
    This is probably beyond mere DIY.
    I’ve got to go out to look at a job involving a y plan.
    Apparently there is an issue with wiring. But the information I have is not anything I’ve come across before. There is a three port valve one direction heat one water which goes to cylinder however there is a second two port valve between three port and cylinder. What is the purpose of this valve? Safety? Cheers. I have limited info as I’m not going out until Monday thx in advance

2. DaveHerns

DaveHerns

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You'd probably be better posting in Plumbing and Heating

3. Sponsored Links
  4. John D v2.0

John D v2.0

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Clearly international women's Day passed you by completely.

To answer your question, it's possibly an unvented cylinder? In which case the second one is a safety measure to prevent the cylinder causing a danger by overheating.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. dingodeano

dingodeano

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That was my assumption because the valve would serve no purpose except a limit of delivery of water into tank. Haven’t come across this configuration.
    Thanks men...and ....ladies and everyone in between (lucky for some) ....I will know more next week.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links