Central heating wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello men. I haven’t posted on here for a while but I wondered if any of the experts of central heating wiring could give me a heads up.
This is probably beyond mere DIY.
I’ve got to go out to look at a job involving a y plan.
Apparently there is an issue with wiring. But the information I have is not anything I’ve come across before. There is a three port valve one direction heat one water which goes to cylinder however there is a second two port valve between three port and cylinder. What is the purpose of this valve? Safety? Cheers. I have limited info as I’m not going out until Monday thx in advance

Sponsored Links
Hello men.
Clearly international women's Day passed you by completely.

To answer your question, it's possibly an unvented cylinder? In which case the second one is a safety measure to prevent the cylinder causing a danger by overheating.

Sponsored Links
That was my assumption because the valve would serve no purpose except a limit of delivery of water into tank. Haven’t come across this configuration.
Thanks men...and ....ladies and everyone in between (lucky for some) ....I will know more next week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back