Central heating won't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please forgive any inaccuracies in this description. I recently managed to blow up my programmer, the previous owner of my house had left wires exposed behind the wall plate, I presume they touched and shorted the system. I then stupidly managed to put a 13 amp fuse into the isolating box by accident, thus the programmer blew up.
The previous programmer was a Drayton LP722, so I have bought an exact match, put it on, everything seemed to be working peachy until the time I had set for the central heating to turn off came and went and the boiler continued to fire, and pump continued to run, although there was no call for either C/H or HW.
I have a Drayton LP722 programmer, Potterton Flamingo 50s boiler, Drayton Digistat, Danfoss ATC and Danfoss HSA3 motorised port valve. Does anyone have any ideas as this is driving me mental!
Cheers,
Andrew

Sponsored Links
check to see if the room stat or cylinder stat are still receiving power when hw/heating are off at the programmer.
does turning either the cylinder stat or room stat down to min stop it firing up ?

Hi Seco, thanks for the speedy reply,

When I turn the roomstat down to min, I can hear the motorised valve turn but the boiler stays on. When I down the cyl. stat down to min. the boiler stops firing up.

I thought that maybe it was the motorised valve, so linked the Heating Live and the Switched Live in an effort to bypass the motorised valve. Went down to the programmer and turned off the heating but the boiler continued to fire. I'm thinking maybe I've got a faulty programmer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back