central heating wont work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the central heating, its been on constant and i've been controlling it to come on with the thermostat, however a couple of days ago the thermostat was quite low so i turn it up til i heard the click as thats when the central heating normally kicks in but it didn't, heard the click, then nothing, so thought i'd try and put the hot water on to see if that was working and when i turned it on i could hear that it was working, however i then felt the radiators and they were all boiling hot? so i thought maybe the hot water helped it start up the heating but when i turned the thermostat down the radiators stayed boiling hot, now every time the hot water is on the radiators are boiling and have to turn it off as we get too hot but central heating and thermostat are doing nothing! don't know what boiler it is but its up in the loft so I'll pop up and have a look as that may help in answering me, hope this made sense! haven't posted before

Sponsored Links
Yes, tell us the boiler. Are you sure its not a back boiler (behind the fire)?

Sounds like you may have an S plan and your central heatin valve is stuck...probebly a syncron moter seized.

Sponsored Links
sorry for the delay! child not well and no ladder into the loft so getting up there was interesting! think its a EVO he boiler? that was written on it, we had a fireplace and the boiler was behind it, but we got rid of the fireplace and i think the back boiler was removed, now we have a boiler in the loft, or if its possible to have that and one still behind the fireplace? sorry i'm not very helpful! will look in file for the manual etc. so i can give more details :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back