central heating zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i have a friend that has a 3 bed house.She had new rads and boiler from warm front. They converted it into a 2 zone system.They fitted a rad in the main bedroom with lockshields and fitted the room stat in the landing. She had no rad in her bathroom so got a local plumber to fit one recently. The problem she has is that its too hot in her bedroom and has no control over the temp of the rad. She likes her bathroom to be warm but because the stat is in the landing , the heat from downstairs means that the temp is around 23 degrees C and so she has to put the thermostat up over 24 for the upstairs to kick in. Do you think that changing the position of stat and/or lockshields is the answer? I thought that moving the stat into her bedroom may work better for her?

Sponsored Links
Fit a trv to the rad in the bathroom, then set to the temp required. Sorted and easy.

Dan

Dan there is a trv in the bathroom. The one with the lockshields is in the bedroom and the stat is on the landing

Sorry read wrong! Normally you have the uncontrolled radiator and thermostat in the same room, take it there was no room on the landing for a radiator?
Is it a wired thermostat? You could move it into the bedroom, or put a trv on the radiator in the bedroom. But then you need to make sure there is a auto by pass fitted. If I was them, I would get the plumber who fitted the radiator in the bathroom back, and get advise from him. Easier then guessing without seeing.

Sponsored Links
Im not sure if there was no room or that she just didnt want one there. The chap from warmfront said that she must have a rad in the bedroom. I think she asked the 2nd plumber if when he fitted the bathroom rad he would swap the the fixed bedroom lockshields onto the bathroom rad and put a trv on the bedroom one, but she was out when he did the work and he didnt swap them. The stat is wireless and could be moved.

Most installers would fit TRVs with a new boiler.

Only exception is the room where the stat is located.

Could probably be improved by just doing some balancing!

Tony

The stat is on the landing and the uncontrolled rad is in the bathroom. Do you think moving the stat into the bedroom will solve it?

Sorry i meant to say the stat is on the landing and the uncontrolled rad is in the bedroom. Do you think moving the stat into the bedroom will solve it?

It will stop the bedroom overheating.

But if the bathroom is poorly insulated and the radiator undersized, it is not going to be warm in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back