Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am looking for some help with my central heating system.

I have a Switchmaster 900. I've got the whole green/yellow red/blue for the on and off timer parts. My problem is that the timer is not on the right time, so when I've set it to come on a 6am, the timer thinks 6am is more like 2am.

How do I set the timer to the right time?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Liz

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks, unfortunately it doesn't appear to have an indicator. It has an advancement dial to the left of the main dial at about 5 O'clock. On the indicator it has a little triangle.

Does this triangle correspond to the time on the main dial?

Kind regards
Liz

Do you have a photo of it that you can upload for us to see?

It appears to be an aged controller and no longer produced.

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve

Now your going to realise how rubbish I am....I haven't been able to find an image online, and I can't work out how to attach a pic.

So I've emailed an image to the forum admin, hopefully it will make it!

Kind regards
Liz

The little triangle should point at the current time. The big dial should be shaded, black and white to indicate night and day. You only need to rotate the dial (it will rotate in one direction only; normally clockwise) to place the triangle on the current time of day. eg, if its 3pm turn the dial until the 3 in the white sector is at the triangle. Check that your on/off tikes are in the night and day sectors as you require, and thats it.

The advance function simply fools the timer into thinking that it has reached the next event (ie its time to come on or its time to go off). The system will remain in the new mode until the real next event.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back