central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i seem to have an ongoing problem with air in my central heating system. pipes always seem to gurgle boiler seems to make a few noises as well.the system as a whole seems to work okay,it is just very annoying.i have the pump set on no2 when i turn it down to no1 it seems a lot better but radiators dont seem to all get hot?i have spoken to british gas about air seperators etc but they dont seem to think this will help much.i have had a couple of suggestions.put outside hose on bottom radiator bleed valve and blow air back into header tank?.the other one is to drain central heating system while it is still on and everything is hot and still feeding water from header tank?
p.s i am on british gases three star cover. hope someone can steer me
in the right direction
sorry i forgot to mention i live in a bungalow with loft conversions so not much height for header tank.thanks for looking.

Sponsored Links
It's not easy to help without this .There could be a number of possible solutions, but we don't know what your system looks like yet.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
It's not easy to help without this .There could be a number of possible solutions, but we don't know wha
t your system looks like yet.
any chance you could explain how i could explain in simple terms what my system looks like.and what info you need.also how do you tell if the pump is installed the right way.thanks for replying so quickly. you guys really are helpfull for us novices

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back