ceramic floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to lay some ceramic floor tiles to a concrete base in my kitchen but do i lay the on adhesive or a screed to get them level,plus do i lay the whole floor fisrt and then fit the kitchen units in. :confused: thanks

Sponsored Links
I sealed the concrete floor with unibond to get rid of any dust problems. Laid the tiles with normal floor adhesive and used waterproof grout (it goes in easier when you mix it tick). My floor wasn't level as the house has settled, but I got the units and surfaces level with ikea adjutable legs. You can't really tell the floor is off from looking at the units, but it takes time to get the units aligned and the plinth trimmed to fit. I tiled the whole floor and gave it a few days to set before doing the units. My builder confirmed the damproofing in the concrete floor was good before I started. Time consuming, but cheap and very satisfying to DIY for a novice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back