ceramic tap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
be grateful for advice on whether to give up and call a plumber! Thank you

My kitchen tap is dripping and I'm trying to remove the ceramic washer. I've got this far (see photo) - what do I do next?? I tried removing the RH arm but it doesn't turn and seems to be all one piece with the base.
Any advice gratefully received! Tracey

Sponsored Links
Times are hard guys...? Maybe this lady can't afford a new tap? :unsure:
I wish I knew how to help you Tracey, but I would if I could. x

Sponsored Links
you need to undo the tapered bit next to where the handle is, then you will see the nut screwing it into the tap body, you didn't need to remove the spout & it might be better to put that back in before you try to undo it as you might need to use that to support the tap as you try to undo the nut.

that tapered shroud will be difficult to get off. Wrap it in multiple turns of vinyl tape (not sellotape) or fabric elastoplast adhesive strapping, but it will probably get marked or damaged when you try to grip it with a tool. There will be a nut behind it that comes off with spanners.

Somebody wearing rubber gloves for grip, and with strong fingers, might be able to undo it by hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back