ceramic disc mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Have a dripping cold water on a mixer tap I have in the kitchen. The mixer tap has 45 degree rotation on each tap from off to on. I was expecting the drip to be caused by worn washer but no washer to be found! Turns out it is a ceramic disc tap. What is the easiest way to repair this leak? do I need new tap inserts or what?

Confused.

Sponsored Links
In my experience there is usually a springy Neoprene bush which pushes the moving part of the tap against the fixed part, both parts being ceramic.

This bush seems to lose its tension after a while so the two ceramic parts are not pushed together tightly enough, and water seeps between them.

If you are very lucky you may be able to find a replacement bush. Otherwise you have to replace the whole insert, provided you can still get a spare.

I am not a plumber, I just try to repair my taps if I can, as replacements can be expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back