changing taps to ceramic discs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We currently have some pillar bath taps which are quarter turn with ceramic discs. I am just about to replace them with a mixer tap with shower attachment - same style, same manufacturer etc however this has standard washers.

Is is possible / advisable to change the ceramic valves over into the mixer tap?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
No problem if it works, i.e. if the valve bodies are the same length and same thread.

You'll soon find out...

A quick phone call to the customer services of the tap manufacturer will give you the correct answer..

Not that logically minded then - this topic is three weeks old. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
good morning softus..
yes you are correct ..the topic is three weeks old..
but I only came across this web site yesterday..
I only read the topic yesterday..

but would you agree that if i had seen the topic three weeks ago that what i had suggested would have been a logical route to follow?..
I ask this because only 10 months ago I did a bathroom project and their was problems with which taps would and could be used for the project..A quick call tp the tap manufacturer sorted all the problems out,,and the manufacturer actually sent me (free of charge) the replacement inards for the taps.
hopefully you might be more constuctive next time..

logically minded said:
good morning softus..
yes you are correct ..the topic is three weeks old..
but I only came across this web site yesterday..
I only read the topic yesterday..
It's logical is for me to assume, on the grounds that you you imply that you are logically minded, that you would want to abide by general forum etiquette, and that you taken the trouble to find out what that etiquette is.

but would you agree that if i had seen the topic three weeks ago that what i had suggested would have been a logical route to follow?
No. You suggestion is naive, which implies that you don't have much plumbing experience, and it is not logical to offer advice on a subject about which you know little.

I ask this because only 10 months ago I did a bathroom project and their was problems with which taps would and could be used for the project..A quick call tp the tap manufacturer sorted all the problems out,,and the manufacturer actually sent me (free of charge) the replacement inards for the taps.
I see. What problem, specifically, did that solve?

hopefully you might be more constuctive next time..
It's a matter of opinion as to whether or not I was constructive. If you don't want to be told that you're posting on old topics, then don't post on old topics. It's very simple and logical.

It's also logical to use the spell checker if you can't spell or type accurately.

Softus said:
No problem if it works, i.e. if the valve bodies are the same length and same thread.

You'll soon find out...

Again good morning softus..

I promise that I will read the etiquette of the forum.
I was not offering advice on a subject which I know little about..my suggestion was to contact the tap manufacturer for DocD to have the manufacturers updated and correct advice. What could possibly be naive about this?
and..
I doubt very much if the reply from the manufacturer would have included the statement ' You will soon find out'

re. The use of the spell checker or typing correctly..please re read your latest message.

You will no doubt reply to this ..
You may in all your contributions to this forum been of great assistance to other members..that it is complimentary..But please concentrate on subject matter and leave unimportant things.Unimportant.

ps There will be no further replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back