Certificate Completion Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone could clear up a query we have regarding sections of Installation Certificates.

On a DOMESTIC INSTALLATION CERTIFICATE

Section: Prevention of mutual detrimental influences

Item 3: Electrical Seperation

Would this be the same "Electrical Seperation" as detailed on the

ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION CERTIFICATE

Method of Protection against electric shock

Section C: Protection against electric shock

Item 11: Electrical Seperation

OR

ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION CERTIFICATE

Prevention of mutual detrimental influences

Item 3: Segregation of Safety Circuits

OR

Something else?

T.I.A.

Horaceg

Sponsored Links
I think the question answers itself. Both the sections dealing with prevention of mutual detrimental influences refer to just that. Those referring to protection from shock refer to just that - or am I missing something? :confused:

Didthathurt,

Electrical Separation is a method of achieving protection from Indirect Contact i.e. an Isolating Transformer with no direct connection of the P.E.C. to the output. (Such as a Shaver Point)

Segregation of Safety Circuits refers to the physical separation of Fire Alarm and Emergency lighting Circuits from all other circuits.

It would be normal to have Shaver Points in Domestic Dwellings but less likely to have Fire Alarm/Emergency Lighting Circuits.

As the box falls under the heading of Mutual Detrimental Influences, Electrical Separation does not apply surely?

So I am obviously missing something here!

Horaceg

Only, possibly, that the Installation certificates are not just for domestic work.They're to cerify the installation is iaw the 16th Edition, so can be used to cater for houses, stairwells in flats, shops below flats and other small commercial units. (By me, anyway :LOL: )

Exactly which certificates are you looking at?

Sponsored Links
didthathurt said:
Only, possibly, that the Installation certificates are not just for domestic work.They're to cerify the installation is iaw the 16th Edition, so can be used to cater for houses, stairwells in flats, shops below flats and other small commercial units. (By me, anyway :LOL: )

Exactly which certificates are you looking at?

NICEIC Domestic Installation Certificate (DCN2)
NICEIC Electrical Installation Certificate (PC)

HG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back