Certificate for new boiler/central heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When getting a new combi boiler system installed, what certificates should my gas fitter/plumber supply me with?

Also, so I require anything for an all new central heating system?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Installer should complete Benchmark Certificate.

Gas Safe should post you a Certificate showing it was installed by a registered business.

Tony

Is that for everyone who has a new boiler installed? Does it make any difference whether you're a private owner or a landlord?

That applies to everyone!

In addition a landlord should have a gas safety cert.

That does NOT need to be reissued when a new boiler is installed.

Dodgy installers try to issue a gas safety cert instead of the proper documentation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
That's what I thought.

My builder outsourced the boiler fitting to a gas registered plumber and I haven't received anything. The builder says I don't have to have anything unless I'm renting it out. So he's either having me on or misinformed?

Do you know whether I can just check with Gas Safe as to whether it has been registered? I don't want to land my builder in it (just yet)?

Try putting you house on the market and see if the lack of a LABC certificate from Gas safe makes a diffrence!!

Get the installer to notify via Gas Safe as you WILL need the LABC Cert!!

if he cannot do this suspect him to be an illegal installer!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back