CH control valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saunier Duval SB30e boiler
Drayton MA1 3way Valve
Sunvic SZ2301 2way Valve

On my system between the 3 way valve and the HW cylinder there is a 2 way valve. The problem is more times than not there is a hell of a bang from the 3 way valve when HW is called for as if the 2way is fighting the 3way. Is there a problem if I isolate the 2way and just use the 3way to control the CH and the HW.
Both the valves have been replaced.
As for what causes the bang I can only assume there is a wiring problem
Regards

Sponsored Links
The usual reason for having both a 2 port and 3 port would be the addition of an unvented cylinder to a Y plan system and as a consequence you must not interfere with the 2 port valve.

Mick
Thanks for that. How should the 2 way be wired in? when I took the old one off it had 4 wires, 2 of which were taped up together doing nothing. These I think were from the internal switch
regards

Sponsored Links
I should have asked on my other post, do you have an unvented cylinder?
If you do then I advise you to get a G3 certificated engineer to check/repair your fault, the wiring may be manufacturer specific.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back