CH draining valve placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a bungalow with a flow and return CH system. Currently the radiator in the lounge has a draining valve on but this isn't ideal as i don't want to be draining the system using that radiator with nice carpet underneath! As its a flow and return system could i install a draining valve on any of the remaining radiators? I know its probably a stupid question but this is all new to me!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if the pipes drop down seperatly to each rad then every rad should have a drain off on them, if not then yes you can fit a drain off to any of them

in that pic it is showing one drop to downstairs then all the rads are fed off of that drop, if the pipes come out of the floor to feed the rads then this is what you have (normally), in that case one drain off is fine & you won't need one on every rad

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help CBF, nice to know there's people like you out there helping the less knowledgable folk like me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back