Combi Hell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to re-route some pipework on my central heating system. I have a Halstead Platinum Combi boiler.

Is this the correct sequence of steps I need to follow.

1) Turn off the CH Flow and CH Return valves at the boiler
2) Drain down the CH system via a drain cock
3) Perform the work
4) Turn on the CH Flow and CH Return valves
5) Re-pressurise the boiler
6) Bleed the radiators

Also, If the job takes longer than expected can I fit isolators to the flow and returns so that the other
radiators in the house can work.

I have already lost a boiler due to ice damage recently and am loathed to experience it again.

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
yes sounds ok to me you dont have to isolate the boiler if you dont want to doesnt make a great deal of difference.

as for iso valves it depends what pipe work your isolating if it is before the first rad and on the main flow and return then no the other rads wont work and unless your boiler has a bypass valve it will go bang. also if the other rads have trvs you also need some kind of a bypass valve or open radiator.

Not just any old isolating valves on the pipes. The Peglers full flow ones from Screwfix are ok. Cheap ones always leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back