Potterton Puma 80 - Low System Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved a couple of weeks ago and the low system pressure light has just come on (and stayed on for 24 hrs. now). Any ideas how I can re-pressurise the system? Everything else seems to be in working order.

There are 6 pipes underneath the boiler labelled (left to right): Gas Inlet, Dom HW Outlet, Mains Water Inlet, CH Flow, CH Return, Safety Valve.

There are on/off taps on the CH Flow and CH Return pipes and a tap further down on a pipe leading off the CH Flow pipe labelled bleed valve.

There is a pressure gauge on the bottom of the boiler connected to the Safety Valve which did read about 0.5 bar and now reads 0 bar.

Can anyone help as it's getting colder by the minute and my kettle's working overtime to provide hot water!

Sponsored Links
you need to look for the filling loop (silver braided pipe) you shoulld take the presure up to 1 bar.

search the forums and you will find it.

hint,

try for filling loop, low pressure and my name, as i have posted a picture of mine (and my potty 100e)

The loop normally goes between the cold water inlet pipe and the Return pipe. It should be removed (but seldom is), so you might have two threaded bits within a foot or so of each other. They COULD be absolutely anywhere, normally under the boiler but I've seen them in the bathroom, the (ex) airing cupboard, and in the loft!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, found it and am now thawing out!!

In the end it was a screw valve that I had to twist a quarter turn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back