help with pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Further to my other thread about broken drain cocks. I have drained down my system as completely as i can (potterton puma 80 combi) as the drain has been open all day. The drain is on the 'CH return' pipe directly under the boiler. I have disconnected the 'CH return' pipe from the mains water supply (;i.e. removed the flexi pipe) and closed the valve between the 'CH return' and the 'CH flow' yet when i cut into it to remove the soldered in drain cock water starts to flow, admittedly not much but then i've only made a small hole. The flow is slowing but it is still flowing. Is this just left over water in the system? Is it safe to carry on cutting or am i going to get drowned?

Help!!

Sponsored Links
have you opened the bleed valves on the upstairs rads to let the air in to replace the water?....will take a long time if you dont. Also how much pressure does the guage say is in the system?

In my worked up state i didn't think about the bleed valves, thanks for being the voice of reason. Guage says a big fat zero, has actually almost stopped now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back