CH / HW Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I'd like to fit a new programmer to our system. The one we currently have is a Danfoss CP15. It only allows two programs to be run in one day.

That is, we do not seem to be able to control the HW and CH independantly of each other. I have used other timers for other systems and seem to have more control over it. When we have the CH and HW come on, if the HW goes off, the CH goes off too.

It's all a bit weird, but we can't switch just the CH back on, there's no option to add another 'time slot/program' into the system.

Is this problem the actual system - or should a programmer be able to control each part individually?

We had a plumber come in and look at a problem before. He said that because of 'the pipes' we could only have either CH or HW and CH, not HW on it's own. Is this right? I have a 'T' System.

Am i totally confused or can I just buy another programmer with more advanced features and slot it in place?

Thanks for any input you can give.

Mr. Tickle.

Sponsored Links
Mr. Tickle said:
That is, we do not seem to be able to control the HW and CH independantly of each other. I have used other timers for other systems and seem to have more control over it. When we have the CH and HW come on, if the HW goes off, the CH goes off too.

Do you have gravity hot water?

That is why then. With gravity HW + pumped CH, you cannot run CH without HW.

You can still replace your programmer, eg for a Danfoss FP715, which will give you more programmes, but you still won't get round that fundamental limitation.

Sponsored Links
So i run CH, and the HW comes on, but i cannot have HW on it's own? Cause the CH will turn on?

I can have:

CH
CH + HW

But I can't have just

HW

So when the HW is programmed to come on in the day at 4pmish, the CH comes on aswell?

I'm fairly confused here...

nope, other way round. You've got little control over the hot water

your choices are:-

1. Off
2. HW on, CH off
3. Hw on, CH on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back