CH Installation book

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have moved into a new house with storage hearing which is not very effective and v expensive. I would like to install a CH system up to but not including the boiler ie laying pipes and attaching radiators. Can anyone recommend a good book on the subject or point me to a site with good instructions?

Sponsored Links
better to let a professional do it, not many people are keen on finishing other peoples work as they dont know whats been done and if you ever get a problem you can guarantee the engineer will say the problem is with something you have done

Do you have any plumbing experience? Maybe see if your local tech. college runs evening courses.

there's a bit more to it than banging the rad's on the wall and putting pipes to them I'm afraid. I hope I'm not coming across as being condesending as I don't mean to, you'll probably do just as good a job as a lot of combi only installers.
If you want a good general overview try contacting HVCA for the Domestic Heating Design Guide. I believe they do an installation guide as well now.
Don't get me wrong I'm a bit of a bibliophile (I SAID BIBLIO!!!) but this really is one of those situations where books will only give you so much.

Sponsored Links
"there's a bit more to it than banging the rad's on the wall and putting pipes to them I'm afraid" :cry:

I was hoping to plan out the piping layout, run then, hang and connect rads and then call out professional to do the rest - i.e. do the time consuming grunt work myself as I have free time at moment - is there any of this type of work I could take on? I am an experienced DIYer (fitted complete kitchen etc).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back