CH pipes and water pipe run.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am linking up CH pipes for UF heating and running hot and cold water into extension.
I have them all heading to the same corner and don't want them too close. The water pipes are below CH pipes and need to run above them to get to bathroom. The only thing I can think off is to aim the CH pipes out at an angle in the corner and have the water pipes go behind them.
Does that sound OK? I don't think I have explained well hopefully picture will help!?
Thanks
IMG_0015.JPG

Sponsored Links
You need to keep the cold water far away from heating or hot water pipes. Or insulate them.

Otherwise you will find warm or hot water coming out of your cold taps

You need to keep the cold water far away from heating or hot water pipes. Or insulate them.

Otherwise you will find warm or hot water coming out of your cold taps

So If I put the cold water on the bottom clips and the hot the one above it is this far too close? I thought with heat rising and all the cold on the bottom would be best. I could route the water pipes above the CH but thought this a bad idea also.

Sponsored Links
Good idea and that's the way you should do in some cases. But don't surround with heat pipes. It will p¡ss you off.

Do you think its worth cutting and extending the CH pipes so that they are moved up a few inches away from the water pipes toward the wall plate timber? I am not sure how much of an issue its going to be,

I might be talking rubbish but could Legionnaires breed in the cold pipe if it heated up enough?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back