Luke warm water..Pipe hot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a heatline c24 boiler, The water runs luke warm but pipe from boiler is really hot..The boiler states 60 on the little red lights..I have tried running the water slower which does make it a bit hotter but then the boiler thinks the demand for water is not needed and the boiler goes back to ch and the water runs cold..I have also notices that the radiator in the bathroom gets hot when i run hot water which points to the diverter valve..I brought a kit and changed this but still same problem..Any ideas would be great..Thanks

Just to add..CH is running and both the CH out pipe and the DHW pipe re really hot?? When I take the diverter motorised valve off the gold pin is to the end, When I demand CH the pin sinks in..Which makes me think its working correctly?

Sponsored Links
Could there be anything on the hot and cold pipe work that is causing the hot and cold water to mix. You could t in a connection below boiler on the hot pipe to confirm hot water at that point. If its ok there then you have to look further down stream.
Try the hot water pipe further away from boiler in case it's just getting hot from heat transferred to it from the heating side.

Sounds like a diverter assembly problem to me. If you are heating up the radiator next to the boiler when running your DHW, your valve is not diverting fully.

Sponsored Links
I also still think diverter as radiator gets hot as I run hot water...I have changes the diverter needle nd one of the funnell shaped pieces as the over is at the back of the divertor itself..I see that the diverter has a pipe and nut into the top one out to the left ( heating ) and one out of the bottom ( water) Is this unit easy to remove or does the heat exchange at the back bolt to it?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back