CH pump: Grundfos UPS3 15-50/66

That’s a great idea and certainly good advice. I’ve made a note of it to remind me next summer. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Diwali for your great reply. I had exactly the same symptoms as you. I tried yesterday, as you suggested but unfortunately my impeller was totally jammed and refused to budge, and broke when I applied more torque!
I tracked down that I got the naughty pump from Screwfix in Jan 2021. Contacted them, no chance of replacement under warranty (as you thought) as Grundfos guarantee is just 12 months, (despite the duff advice from Grundfos support) Shout out to Screwfix, they kindly sold me a new pump for the same price £109.99 that I paid back in Jan 21, current price is £138.50. New pump delivered this morning and fitted and working.
I shall take the advice from Johntheo5 and run it for a few minutes on a regular schedule next summer.

Sorry you didn’t get a free replacement but you did get a respectable discount!
TBH I’m not impressed with the Grundfos pump. Mine was less than 2 years old and yours too - they shouldn’t be seizing up so soon! When I need to change mine I doubt that I’ll be choosing Grundfos again. There are plenty of alternatives!!
However, this has been a useful exercise and also some great advice from Johntheo5.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back