CH Radiator Replacement

JtB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our living room layout is quite limited by the radiator which takes up too much wall space, so I'd like to replace it with a higher/narrower radiator. I did a bit of research on the internet and worked out that our living room requires about 1416W/4832BTU of heat. I also found out that our current wide round top (double panel plus) radiator which is 520mm high/1100mm wide gives off 1348W/4600BTU.

I have a condensing boiler and I was wondering if there might be any problems replacing the above radiator with a 2000mm high/460mm wide radiator that I found on the internet which gives off 1400W/4777BTU of heat.

Any advise appreciated.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
if you've worked out the outputs correctly, there both the same sort of output so there should not be any problems, as long as the old one gave out enough heat, the new on will have a noticable higher temperature as it has no build up of sh1t stuck to the inner surface, just remember that condensating boilers run at a lower flow temperature, so look at the comparisons of the delta T. ;)

Thanks, when I looked at the heat output for the high/narrow radiator, I took the lower of the 2 values quoted (which was for condensing boilers). As a matter of interest, is it possible to get a 1400W 460mm wide radiator without going to 2000mm in height? For example, are there compact radiators which have a more efficient design?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back