CH System Flushed - AntiCorrosion required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm after a bit of advice.

I recently had to drain the central heating system due to doing something very stupid (put a screw through a CH pipe, feel like a right wally).

Anyway, the pipe has now been fixed, and the system has been filled up manually using the filling loop (combi boiler).

Since the system is now full of fresh water, is there any other liquids I need to put in it? Will I need to add Anti Corrosion (corrosion inhibitor)? Or is it fine to run the system on plain old water? :)

Thanks,
Shockfire.

Sponsored Links
In a theoretical laboratory environment, where no further new water or air were able to enter the sytem, then after the initial corrosion caused by the existing water/oxygen/metals, there would be no further corrosion possible, so inhibitor would only stop the initial corrosion and serve no further purpose.
(lets forget any anaerobic activity)

In the real world, with leaks, topping up and bleeding, there would be a purpose for the inhibitor.
Can you run to the £15 or so to finish the job?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back