How to drian and refill a combi boiler system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to flush out the system on my CH but as its a combi boiler system I'm not sure how to do it? I'm not looking to power flush it, just add some sludge eater for a week or so and then flush it and add fresh inhibitor etc. So do I just undo the system drain and turn on the filling loop and flush it out like that? Or is the a jumper on the PCB that turns the pump on? Boiler is a Alpha 240 eco.

Sponsored Links
yoy would drain the system down via the drain off valve, which should be located at the lowest position on the system, there could be more than one drain off valve depending how the radiators have been piped up.
1)Drain the system.
2)If required, chemically clean the system as instructed by the recommended cleaner manufacturer.
Note: Ensure that the system is flushed to remove any remains of the cleaner.
3)If chemical cleaner is not used to clean the system:-
4)Refill the system.
5)Switch on the boiler and allow the system to heat up to the normal operating temperature.
6)Switch off the boiler and drain the system while the water is still hot.
7 Refill the system and check for leaks.
8)As required, add the recommended inhibitor to the system as instructed by the inhibitor manufacturer

Make sure you turn the googoo valve off in the boiler or you'll have googoo paste everywhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back