CH thermostat advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an Ideal classic FF370 boiler and a Boilermate 2000 (open vented CH + mains pressure hot water / thermal store).
The CH is controlled by a fairly basic Honeywell T6360 thermostat which I want to replace with a Siemens RDJ10RF wireless thermostat.

In the Honeywell, there are 4 terminals + earth, 1 is live, 2 is neutral 3 is heating load.

In the Siemens there is Live & Neutral then there are 3 othere terminals
L1 = N.O Call For Heat (On)
LX = Common
L2= N.C Heating Satsfield (Off)
there is a note that says L2 Not normally used.

I'm not sure whether i should connect to L1 or LX with the yellow cable that currently goes to 3 in the Honeywell thermostat. Can anybody advise ?

Sponsored Links
Your Siemens toy has a volt free relay (unlike the Honeywell). You need to bridge from Live to LX, then your existing load wire (yellow) should go to L1. L2 would be needed with a 3 port valve (which you don't have so ignore it). Out of interest, what's the 4th terminal in the Honeywell and is there anything connected to it?

As far as I’m aware (haven’t had to change one using that set-up) I would use L1 for number 3 from Honeywell and use a link between Live and Lx.

Attachments

• 504B9C76-AAE2-4A96-B6F9-D3032ECC0021.jpeg
    504B9C76-AAE2-4A96-B6F9-D3032ECC0021.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 632
Your Siemens toy has a volt free relay (unlike the Honeywell). You need to bridge from Live to LX, then your existing load wire (yellow) should go to L1. L2 would be needed with a 3 port valve (which you don't have so ignore it). Out of interest, what's the 4th terminal in the Honeywell and is there anything connected to it?

Beat me to it, I was too slow :LOL:

Sponsored Links

Thanks for the info.
https://heatingcontrols.honeywellhome.com/Documents/Installation-Guide/pdf/1151.pdf
There is nothing in terminal 4 in the Honeywell on mine.

As far as I’m aware (haven’t had to change one using that set-up) I would use L1 for number 3 from Honeywell and use a link between Live and Lx.

So basically a jumper wire from the incoming Live to LX ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back