ch wont come on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a broag remeha avante plus 28c,,,,,domestic water is all ok, tried out my central heating today and nothing,,,,,wireless thermo control ok......salus sender unit has both red and green lights on,,,,,no error codes on boiler......so i opened a tap to the domestic water, and the central heating fired up and worked ok for a while, it shut down no probs .....then i went to fire it up again...nothing....any help would be appreciated......new diverter valve fitted last year, boiler is serviced every year

rob

Sponsored Links
Daftest question, but, you did have the room stat turned right up ? it is summer, after all. even in Engerland

Try a power reset first and then look up changing the dip switches on the Salus kit to use another channel.

I had one recently where the new virgin wi-fi installation was interfering with the signal. Changing the channel worked but Salus are notoriously poor and you should consider an alternative.

Sponsored Links
i have reset the boiler...it went through its usual sequence and both red lights were on, indicating dw/ch was available,,,,,but i noticed there was only the red light indicating on the sensor unit.....no green.......fitted a new unit i had, but still no green light......i can only think that the main control panel down stairs is faulty.......i .not electrically minded ....4 wires on sensor unit so i don't know how to by pass "it"

i have reset the boiler...it went through its usual sequence and both red lights were on, indicating dw/ch was available,,,,,but i noticed there was only the red light indicating on the sensor unit.....no green.......fitted a new unit i had, but still no green light......i can only think that the main control panel down stairs is faulty.......i .not electrically minded ....4 wires on sensor unit so i don't know how to by pass "it"
what wireless unit have you got ? have you tried re-binded the stat ? photos would help also ? ;)

plus a thanks wouldn't go amiss to people trying to help ;)

Look up the Salus MIs online if you don't have them and follow through how to re-bless/re-bind the sender and receiver units. Bring the portable stat nearer to the receiver when doing this as it's obviously easier to do.

Had to call engineer.....control unit defective..........thanks for all replies.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back