Chaffoteaux Britony combi se Hot water only if I turn CH on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The last week or 2 my Chaffoteaux Britony combi se has been dripping loads out of the overflow ? Pipe that goes through the brick and outside and also no hot water unless I turn the central heating on.
It’s obviously doing my head in and was just wondering if it sounds like a familiar fault and if so if there’s a ballpark figure of what it may cost to fix from and engineer. I’m in failsworth and with this coronavirus stuff not sure if anyone would even come out now.
Had the boiler in when I bought the house so not sure how old it is.

Thankyou so much if anyone can help or has any experience of this

Sponsored Links
No we haven’t had to do that. I think is a very old boiler so I’m gonna get a new one, bit the bullet and have ordered one for installation on Wednesday but Thankyou so much for the reply. I’ve been here 5 years so not sure how long previous owner had it in .

No we haven’t had to do that. I think is a very old boiler so I’m gonna get a new one, bit the bullet and have ordered one for installation on Wednesday but Thankyou so much for the reply. I’ve been here 5 years so not sure how long previous owner had it in .
The boiler could be up to about 20 years old, they were rubbish when they wre made, surprised you still have one , if the PRV is dripping and you are not topping the pressure up the Primary water and secondary water are mixing, good Idea to replace it if you can afford to

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Got a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life 35kW being fitted Wednesday. Didn’t wanna scratch around getting something fixed that could just keep costing me money. Hopefully this new boiler will save me a few quid in the long run

35Kw, is it a big place or is it more for the hot water flowrate?

35Kw, is it a big place or is it more for the hot water flowrate?
5 bedrooms. I don’t even know what flow rate was with the Britony, couldn’t even have the bathroom sink tap on at the same time as running a bath lol. Water Did not even come out

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
That’s usually to do with available pressure and flow of the incoming cold main at different times of the day, whether it’s on a shared supply or not. Also unless it’s been checked, then I wouldn’t be expecting the Worcester to improve this. My opinion of course. 5 bedrooms isn’t that big, so expect it’s for the hot water delivery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back