Chaffoteaux Corvec Britony II A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 15 year old Ideal CH boiler with radiators and a hot water cylinder, just had heating engineer in to fix weak pilot that would not stay lit, all done within 2 hours of calling him, only used him once before 6 years ago when moved in to fit gas cooker, he said boiler will last another 15 years, he stripped everything cleaned all and it lit first click with nice strong pilot only £25, I have asked him to fit an extra 1000mm radiator in lounge to cure cold spot taking pipes from bungalow loft, he said £150, I said yes please. I am also interested in removing hot water cylinder and tanks so Ideal boiler just does radiators then fit a Chaffoteaux Corvec Britony II A in loft for hot water as it is expensive to heat a tank to use a tiny bit so I tend to use a kettle instead, he agreed with me but had never fitted this water heater so was not certain if still allowed under rules of condensing boilers, I have had this setup in 3 previous homes and found it great. Does anyone know if these multipoint gas heaters can be legally fitted as phone number on my old manual is discontinued so can't contact Chaffoteaux.

Sponsored Links
Sounds nuts to me.
How much HW do you think you could heat for the cost of installing a water heater! About a swimming pool...
Just insulate and time it.

Those water heaters are pretty grotty by today's standards.

A combi would be a little more expensive, but gain you the HW tank space, give you a decent pressure in the shower and be more efficient altogether than running your old boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back