Chance of leaking when switched from cenventional to combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is my first post so please accept my apologies if this is not following the rules strictly:)

I have recently replaced my 20 years old Marathon 400/500B floor standing boiler to a Worcester 30i, which is fantastic giving hot water and heating efficiently.

However I discovered a small leak to the hot water isolation valve to kitchen tap. It is now fixed but I am starting worrying about the rest of the old pipe system if any chance of leaking...because most of the pipes are hidden by the decoration from previous owner, and really hard to detect, especially if there was a very small leak... I haven't seen any sign of leaking though (i.e. from water spots on ceiling or floor), but I think such signs may only noticeable if the leak is serious?

So, if anyone could help me please, what is the chance of leaking when changing from a low pressure conventional boiler to a high pressure combi one?

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

Sponsored Links
They said it's fine....and after a week I found the leak, so I don't 100% trust them what they said about it :(

I always point out that the hot and heating pipes (and rads) have not been subject to higher pressures, and there is always a chance of a leak. It doesn't actully happen in most cases but last year I was leaving a job when water started squirting up through a solid floor. Such fun.

Sponsored Links
cool thanks for your reply...but does it mean it is fine if I have not seen any sign of leak and the hot water pressure seems the same as the cold one?

Cheers.

but does it mean it is fine if I have not seen any sign of leak

No one can tell you that over the internet, leaks can develop at any time on gravity or pressurised system. But if nothing catastrophic has happened then i wouldn't worry too much. Did you request a combi to be fitted?

but does it mean it is fine if I have not seen any sign of leak

No one can tell you that over the internet, leaks can develop at any time on gravity or pressurised system. But if nothing catastrophic has happened then i wouldn't worry too much. Did you request a combi to be fitted?

cool thanks for the advice. YEs the combi is already fitted about 1 month ago....and that leak is the only one I found so far

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back