Chancellor announces boiler scrappage scheme

• Thread starter Johnmelad502
  • Start date
J

Johnmelad502

Car scrappage and now boiler scrappage. What next?

How about a house scrappage scheme for old houses? :LOL:

Clicky-mebob

Sponsored Links
All i said out loud was "whoopee now i can get rid of the old boiler" and the missus does this

cowanphoto_thumb.jpg

That's not really me

Sponsored Links
Well, I was already planning to have a new boiler installed in spring to replace my old back boiler so I'm quite happy to actually get some of my tax back!

Of course the installers might just up their prices by a few pounds an hour to cover the rebate...

How about a house scrappage scheme for old houses?

No-one else spotted the obvious? OK, I'll be the first...

What about a wife scrappage scheme for old wi...

Note from Donk's better half - Donk is currently indisposed due to a sudden onset of rolling pin-induced unconciousness. Normal service will be resumed as soon as I stop battering him.

Well, I was already planning to have a new boiler installed in spring to replace my old back boiler so I'm quite happy to actually get some of my tax back!

don't get your hopes up. Firstly its a £400 payment for a maximum 125,000 people who's boiler should be in Band G of sedbuk ratings(apparently around 4.5m boilers could qualify so be quick!). If and when your "lucky" enough to qualify you'll be in the safe hands of the Warmfront people who will use their own contractors and judging by their normal pricing they will be at least £400 more than your local friendly gas man. If some of their work is anything to go by they'll unlikely be any "whooping" going on!

Sponsored Links
Back