Change a heater into a socket

I have a strong desire to give you a big hug.
I wish you could develop a strong desire to become competent at electrical work before doing any more.

Thanks also to the others who gave help. It's a great feeling to know that not only did I do something that worked, but it is legal
No it isn't.

and, more importantly, completely The Right Way to do it.
It's not that, either.

Testing?

EIC?

Sponsored Links
am I supposed to take the black N that goes to the circuit and remove it from the N bar at the top of the CU and move it into the RCBO?
So the two Red wires from the circuit both go the 'Load L Out' and the two black wires from the circuit go to the 'Load N Out' on the MCBO and the blue wire from the RCBO goes to the N busbar ?
Seriously, do you really not see that there is a problem when you can look at this:

upload_2018-12-18_0-14-38.png

and not have a scooby what it is telling you to do?

I say these things not for personal gratification but for your own benefit - possibly to the extent of saving your life.

Electricity takes no prisoners, and you really do not know enough to be doing jobs like this. In this case your mistakes just stopped things working. Another time they could kill you, or a loved one.

The instructions clearly state "WARNING Installation by qualified contractors only".

Clearly this warning was ignored.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back