Change bulb in Lamona extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Lamona Extractor Hood (LAM2502-1) and last night after I'd gone back to it both lights had gone out.

As a first port of call I'd like to change the bulbs which are G4W halogen.

The manual says "Unclip the lamps using a thin blunt blade taking care not to mark and replace with new lamps of the same type and wattage"

What I can't work out is how to get the old lamp off, there isn't enough of a gap to get anything like even a thin screwdriver down there. There is also no access behind if I remove the grease filter.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Attachments

• E3B89FE0-5C3E-4649-B332-B98EA505636D.JPG
    E3B89FE0-5C3E-4649-B332-B98EA505636D.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 166
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I wonder if you are sticking it in the correct gap? It looks as if you ought to be between metal and metal, not the glass to metal.
Good shout yeah trying between the two rings of metal. The only thing would be if I really need to force it in which would probably bend the metal.

I've got exactly the same problem with my Lamona, same model. I've wasted the best part of an afternoon trying to get the light fitting out without success; the gap is too small even for a microblade. Did you eventually find a solution, Phil?

I’ve got other issues with mine now but the solution was to use a Stanley Knife. You can get enough leverage for it to lift the light out cover. Go for inner metal circle not the outer one to just remove the cover not the full fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back