Change electric shower, which brand?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into my house in 2017. It had an Aqualisa Lumi 10.5kW electric shower fitted. After 3 years, it packed in. I bought a replacement engine for it and replaced it myself. I came back from a week away yesterday and went to have a shower and out of the blue, the shower doesn’t work. Same issue as before; water trickling out and even on full cold setting, it starts to sound like a kettle boiling.

I have quite soft water so don’t think it’s an issue with limescale. So I can either replace the engine again or Aqualisa offered my a fitted upgrade for their eMotion model.

Given the issues I’ve had with their quality (2 failures in 6 years), I’m reluctant to get another Aqualisa shower so what are the better shower brands to go for when it comes to cold water mains fed electric showers?

I’d also like to try and get a shower with similar pipe and cable placement for obvious reasons.

Sponsored Links
If the shower has suddenly, in a one week period, reduced to a trickle, then hard to imagine problem with limescale,. a 10.5kw shower requires a flowrate of nearly 7LPM (6.84) to run at 40C from a (my) mains temp of 18C.
Have you done the obvious like cleaning the filter and running it with the hose and shower head removed??.
If two shower engines have failed due to low flow then difficult to rule out limescale?.

Last edited:
Never found the more expensive showers to last any longer than budget end tritons .so I would say accept they are going to pack up pretty regular and just change it yourself for a triton easi fit at around 120 quid instead of several hundred for higher end

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back