change from manual to digital c/h thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi... I am wanting to change my SONDER TR01 COD 1001 manual thermostat to a HONEYWELL DT90E + ECO digital but am not sure about the wiring. my old one has three wires red / black / earth . the live is connected to no.1 terminal and the black is connected to no.3 and obviously earth to earth terminal. the honywell has only 2 connectors. what do I do with the earth wire ( put it in a terminal block ? ) and which wire goes where on the digital connections
any help please
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
Just take the two main wires to terminals A(red) and B(black) on the new thermostat. The redundant Earth wire must be safely covered and kept away from the other Live wiring.

Just take the two main wires to terminals A(red) and B(black) on the new thermostat. The redundant Earth wire must be safely covered and kept away from the other Live wiring.
hi...I have wired the thermostat like you said ( red to a / black to b ) but when I press the on button the screen is blank ...help

Sponsored Links
hi...I have wired the thermostat like you said ( red to a / black to b ) but when I press the on button the screen is blank ...help
sorry I have taken the batteries out and put them back in...it is now working
cheers

sorry I have taken the batteries out and put them back in...it is now working
cheers
by the way do I need the batteries , are they just for back up ?

Yes definitely you need them, the batteries are the only power supply for this room thermostat.

You can buy units which are mains powered but they need Live and Neutral wires where they are installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back