Replacing T6360B thermostat for a DT90E thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at replacing my T6360B manual central heating thermostat to a digital DT90E thermostat. The current wiring in the T6360B is yellow/green earth in left terminal, blue in T2 which I assume is neutral, red in T3, second wire with white tape wrapped around with yellow/green sleeve in T3, brown in T1 and black not in use which I assume is the Live wire

Looking at the DT90E thermostat it only requires 2 wires (red & black) so I am unsure what wires I need to use and to what terminal they need to be fitted. Once I know what terminals and colour wires I need to use I’ll be fine once power is off but just need some help with the wires required

I have included a picture of the old thermostat to show you what I mean for reference but any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• 75A605A5-150F-4B0E-BC26-532C5EEBC5B0.jpeg
    75A605A5-150F-4B0E-BC26-532C5EEBC5B0.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 89
Sponsored Links
your wires are earth in earth
neutral in 2
live and switched live in 1&3

use the wires in 1(live in) and 3 (live out)and make the others safe

Sponsored Links
Thinking about the wiring and after the reply from gas112 it has dawned on me that, although I knew there were 2 lots of wiring in place, it would appear 1 is the old wiring and 1 is the newer wiring which explains why I have brown and blue in place and what looks like an extra earth. Does this mean that I can join the 2 live (brown/red) and the 2 neutral wires (black/blue) together before connecting them to the thermostat with the earth (yellow/green) wires put to one side?

you do not connect a neutral to dt90
you just have live in and out which is the wires in 1 and 3 on existing

Thinking about the wiring and after the reply from gas112 it has dawned on me that, although I knew there were 2 lots of wiring in place, it would appear 1 is the old wiring and 1 is the newer wiring which explains why I have brown and blue in place and what looks like an extra earth. Does this mean that I can join the 2 live (brown/red) and the 2 neutral wires (black/blue) together before connecting them to the thermostat with the earth (yellow/green) wires put to one side?

the colours of wires in any heating system mean absolutely nothing

How many times ?????

@gas112 has correctly told you what to do, nothing else required, you need only two wires , purple pink yellow beige does not matter use the two wires to the two terminals and safely isolate everything else

How many times ?????

@gas112 has correctly told you what to do, nothing else required, you need only two wires , purple pink yellow beige does not matter use the two wires to the two terminals and safely isolate everything else

Don’t confuse OP, they’ll be looking for purple, pink yellow and beige wires :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

@gas112, @ianmcd & @Chris_W rather than being disrespectful to people who are asking question to make certain they do things right maybe you need to read my comments first before being sarcastic in your responses. I totally understand I use the wires (regardless of colour) in T1 & T3 but my question was regarding the 2 wires in T3. Do I use both wires in this terminal or just the red one which I have seen in videos. If you are gonna be sarcastic in your response then don’t bother responding as all I am trying to do is be safe and I can go elsewhere for my answer!!!

oh deary deary me we have a snow flake whom we have tried to help with the most basic room stat exchange 3 times needed told what terminals to use but regards our frustration as sarcasm .
If your trying to do it safe then pay someone as you are clearly struggling to understand basic instructions

Many thanks @denso13 for your honest answer. This is exactly what I was after not sarcastic comments that some people on here make. I appreciate your honest and simple response. Thank you

Many thanks @denso13 for your honest answer. This is exactly what I was after not sarcastic comments that some people on here make. I appreciate your honest and simple response. Thank you
what bit of use wires in 1 and 3 and make others safe and do not use neutrals where you struggling with ?

Yet another snowflake, I want free advice and I will go in the huff if I dont get it, good luck getting any advice in the future , if you cant understand basic advice you shouldnt be messing with electrics

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back