how to wire new HONEYWELL DT90E digital room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am new to forum so Hi.
I have an old honeywell control room thermostat and I want to change to a HONEYWELL DT90E digital room thermostat. I have a RED wire and Black wire connected to the old thermostat.
2 questions: will this new thermostat do the job and where do I connect these two wires to on the new thermostat. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you only have two wires to your existing stat then connect then to A and B of the 90

Did this work as i am thinking of doing the same?
It's over a year since the OP was given the advice, so I think he would have come back if it didn't work.

PS The advice given was correct. If you have three wires connected to the old stat, come back with more info, i.e. make/model of stat and which wires are connected to which terminal.

Sponsored Links
Only the 3 wires black red and earth so think its going to work so I think I will purchase one.

Only the 3 wires black red and earth so think its going to work so I think I will purchase one.
Not necessarily as you can't trust wire colours. You must let me have the info I asked for (make and model, which wire to which terminal).

1439124604928-701385433.jpg

Actually red is in no 1 I was just numbering them 1 to 5 left to right before

If you only have two wires to your existing stat then connect then to A and B of the 90

This should work using the red and black. You seem to be missing a neutral on the existing one but don't need it on the new one anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back