Honeywell DT90E - Installation Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just installed an Honeywell DT90E room thermostat to a Worcester Combi 30si but the boiler is not firing up when I'm increasing the room temperate on the thermostat.

I've wired the Honeywell DT90E room thermostat with the following:-

A on the stat to LR on the boiler
B on the stat to LS on the boiler

Can anyone help as to why the boiler is not firing up on request?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
My wiring diagrams show that

Thermostat A should connect to Ls (Live supply)
Thermostat B should connect to Lr (Live return)

Unless I have the wrong diagrams, there isn't an LN terminal

OK thanks for revising your original post to correct the typo. (LN to LR) Your wiring is correct.

Sorry here if I'm teaching grandma to suck eggs, but is the setting you have turned it up to above the actual temperature of the room it is located in?

Also, has anything else happened, for example did you make a wrong connection earlier that may have caused some damage elsewhere?

Sponsored Links
I checked the wiring and you're right stem, however the boiler is still not firing up.

Any idea why?

OK thanks for revising your original post to correct the typo. (LN to LR) Your wiring is correct.

Sorry here if I'm teaching grandma to suck eggs, but is the setting you have turned it up to above the actual temperature of the room it is located in?

Also, has anything else happened, for example did you make a wrong connection earlier that may have caused some damage elsewhere?
How about that then! I answered the question before you asked it! Hope it helps, I haven't got any other ideas, except maybe a faulty thermostat. If you put a wire link between Ls & Lr the boiler should fire then. If it does the thermostat is probably faulty.

Replace the link between Ls Lr. Does the boiler fire then? I'm too slow at typing!!!!! I'm out. Leave it to you guys. ;)

It makes a change for me I'm normally the one in last place :D at least we speak in agreement

Looks like it, all the thermostat is, is a switch that connects the two boiler terminals, just as the wire link does.

I'm assuming that your connections to the thermostat were secure and the screws were on the conductors not the insulation.

Are the batteries in the thermostat fresh? i.e. not taken from a radio or something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back