Change GU10 lamp in spot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking for a wire clip on the fitting to remove the bulb but can't find anything to release it. I've tried pushing the glass (nothing), turning the glass (nothing) and not sure how to get to the bulb. Any ideas?

Please see attached photo.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
firstly is the hole big enough for the lamp to pass through, looks like it might be the type where the lamp sits on a metal spring ledge and the opposite side has a metal spring, you push that edge in and the lamp tilts and out.

If the hole is smaller than the lamp then the bezel may pull or twist off, some fittings actually need removal from the ceiling to change the lamp, but not so common these days

Sponsored Links
The OP describes pushing/turning "the glass". Is there a glass cover in front of the lamp? And is this in a bathroom? Sounds like it could be an IP65 bathroom-rated fitting, in which case it is probably the bezel - the white plate that fits against the ceiling - which needs to unscrew. Worst case is you may have to lever the entire fitting out of the ceiling, which usually leads to collateral damage of the plasterwork round the hole.

[edit] Now I've enlarged the picture I can see it is an IP65 fitting - try unscrewing the bezel[/edit]

pj

Worst case is you may have to lever the entire fitting out of the ceiling, which usually leads to collateral damage of the plasterwork round the hole.
But the damage will not extend as far as the edge of the larger hole which needs to be cut so that a decent light can be installed, so it's not an issue.

:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back