Change of van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I'm thinking of getting another van the old VW LT 28 is getting tatty, I have been thinking about another LT,Renault,Merc or Tranny, I am a chippie so I dont carrie ton's of weight ,the spec would be panel van, semi high top, 2.2-2.5 TD, 05-08 plate,fuel cost are a consideration,
I would like to hear your view's. cheer's

Sponsored Links
Run it on red diesel. Know lots of guys doing that. Cuts your fuel costs well back.

Not good advice Norcon, The authorities still do random checks and the fines could bankrupt you.

and the fines could bankrupt you.

Doesn't matter. Many are on the brink of bankrupsy anyway and have nothing too lose. Especially hauliers.

Over here in the province its taking place on an epic scale and the authorities don't have the manpower to stop it. Happy days.

Fuel laundering is big business also. Its war. Even farmers are renting out their premises now to the launderers.

The way I look at it is, it restricts revenue to the war mongering high taxing ruling classes who have a penchant for invading foreign sovereign states.

Sponsored Links
Way to go Norcon. I didn't mind playing it straight when politicians, yes, even Maggie, at least pretended to give something back to the plebs that but an 'X' in the box for them. She didn't let the crooks in Europe push her around.

The lot we got now don't even try to hide the fact that they are screwing us at every turn and selling the country down the river. They tax us to death, even for basics like energy and fuel, let alone luxuries.

These days, you got to help yourself. I've done my time playing everything by the book.

Sorry to hijack your post with a rant, OP. Got no real advice re. a van, except don't buy Fiat. Unless you like spending your weekends fixing things, and re-attaching the bits that fell off. :LOL:

I've got the TRansit T350 - love it - parts and servicing seem reasonably cheap which i'm assuming is down to the relatively commonplace nature of the Ford Transit. Would recommend it.

Back