changed pump yesterday but radiators not hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler (Ideal mexico) started making an awful noise (crackling) a few days ago and eventually yesterday morning all radiators on ground floor were cold, top floor ones lukewarm and we had little hot water (timer on for both and wireless thermostat set to 22C).
Plumber diagnosed a faulty pump and changed our old Grundfos 15/60 pump for a brand new identical one. Since then, although the radiators are warm and we have hot water, the house is still cold. The radiators are not warm enough (before the pump replacement they could get so hot you couldn't touch them) and the water is not that hot either.
I have also bled all radiators for good measure.
With timer on, I have noticed that the boiler (set at maximum btw) comes on for a minute and a half (I have timed it) and then turns off despite the fact that the wirelless thermostat that controls the house temp., set now at 25C, is indicating only 17C and the radiators are only warm not hot- surely the boiler should stay on until the thermostat temp. has reached 25C? Given that the pump is new, the wireless thermostat is 6 months old and so is the timer (which is working ok) what else could it be? What else could stop a boiler from staying on long enough to heat the radiators?

Many thanks for any tips.

Emsi

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back