Changed thermostat and no heat down stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have swopped a thermostat today as the room stat was not sending power to it. So changed both items. Now when i put heat on the radiators are red hot upstairs but nothing down stairs. There is power at the stat and the pump but will not heat down stairs. Could this be a wiring fault or a plumbing issue? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have swopped a thermostat today as the room stat was not sending power to it.
How do you know?

And should it have been "sending power to it"?

So changed both items.
Which "both"?

Now when i put heat on the radiators are red hot upstairs but nothing down stairs. There is power at the stat and the pump but will not heat down stairs.
Have you checked that the zone valve(s) are working?

Could this be a wiring fault or a plumbing issue? Thanks
As it's the wiring you've fiddled with, probably the former.

Unless you misdiagnosed the problem originally.

Try and make it clearer. The main panel was not calling the thermostat and was not working. So I swopped the main panel an lp112 and the mechanical timer direct swop. Now the main heating control is calling the thermostat and heat is working upstairs but nothing downstairs.

Sponsored Links
Has your central heating been off for a while?
Try turning the working radiators off at the rad valves and see if any hot water is then pushed around the cold rads. Can we assume that you do not have zoned heating for upstairs/downstairs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back