Changes to Part L

What about Thin Joint system? I used this in a previous house.

Sponsored Links
Do these changes to part L include a garage conversion -I need to do one this summer, its a single skin jobbie -so needs internal studwork

I have got much time to do a building regs application by the 15th -Im on hols 1st week!

Do these changes to part L include a garage conversion -I need to do one this summer, its a single skin jobbie -so needs internal studwork

I have got much time to do a building regs application by the 15th -Im on hols 1st week!
Put a notice in

Sponsored Links
This is how I built mine.... how do you stop the dritherm pushing the thermalites over? I was very slow so could build and then slot the insulation in!

I did notice the tarmac blocks from wickes were heavier and got pushed out less by the insulation! I will probably use these in the future.

I best get my application in now !...

We prefer the full fill (Dritherm) way of building. To build the blockwork first, to me is backwards. I will never willingly subscribe to that way of building.

We prefer the full fill (Dritherm) way of building. To build the blockwork first, to me is backwards. I will never willingly subscribe to that way of building.
putting the blockwork up ahead of the brick course, from what Ive seen means having to oversail the blockwork at openings etc, then build up the brickwork then cut back the blockwork to be flush

It does seem a bit mad

I built mine with dritherm and 2.9n blocks - I used to bend the ties into a hook to hold them in place till the mortar went off.

Surely the future (when the construction industry catches up with it) is going to be 2-300mm SIPS type panels that you just cover with render, cladding or slips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back